If you want to be a math genius then you are at the right place. This site is dedicated to make weak math students stronger and strong math students Math geniuses. Your commitment is as important as mine if you want to be a math genius. I have identified the reasons why math is a problem to most students and i am willing to help students who visit this site come out that problem. The site is under construction and by the time it is completed there would be no math topic that is not covered. The site would further concentrate on tricks to make you easily solve questions mentally. My personal advise to you would be to sign up for my news letters so you can know what is new and also receive lots and lots of practice question as i make them
In my survey i found these among others to be the most significant reasons
- POOR FOUNDATION. This is by far the most important reason why people fail. English is a language and so is Math. Unfortunately math is not taught to us as English is. The libraries focuses on reading skills and do little to help you in math. Parents, most of whom are poor in math, can do little to help their struggling child. The child with good English, reading and understanding skills goes to school and realises that math is different. Just like we don’t like learning a new language because we think it is difficult, the child refuses to learn math. What happens then is he does not understand the basic topics upon which other topics are built. This is just like not knowing the alphabets and trying to spell a word. Later he finds the importance of math and makes a decision to pay attention in class, but realises that he can not understand no matter how hard he tries. Some, after making this decision are able to understand but they realise that though they understand what the teacher taught they still cannot solve problems or the problems look different every time. They conclude that the teacher does not bring what he teaches. Why this problem? He did not get his foundations right. He could only multiply by two, so a question on multiplying by three is out of his ability. He understood the current topic but missed out on the multiplication. He still makes a poor grade.
- FREQUENCY. If you master the subject this would not be a major problem, but if you are starting out, this is the next big thing. When students realise their lack in math they decide to learn long hours in a single day and miss out several days and then come back and do another expended hours. Math is a brain exercise, and like any other exercise frequency is the most important factor.
- SOLVING PROBLEMS. Maths is a subject that requires thinking. Unfortunately, in most of our activities in life and in examinations we do not have an unlimited time to solve a problem. What happens is that most students who are relatively good in math go to the examination hall and start thinking. They can think through solving a problem but they relise that time is not enough. They get a C instead of an A because they were not able to finish solving the problems. This was my problem in math. I could solve every problem in math, but i was making C’s in examinations because of time factor. I used to complain and curse out at my teachers for giving problems that require more time than is given. I answered qustions in class, did all my homework and even helped other students.
- UNDERSTANDING CONCEPTS. This is another reason why people fail. In Physics, Momentum = force * distance. The distance is not just any distance, but the perpendicular distance from the point of action. If you miss this concept you might be able to solve some easy questions, but when there is a little change you are bound for failure.
How are we going to solve this problems.
- Teaching detailed foundational classes. Especially Algebra
- Recommending relevant basic subjects when teaching higher level math like calculus
- giving links to places you can learn those foundational subjects relevant to the topic i am teaching within every teaching
- solving lots and lots of examples and try to cover every possible twist of question on a topic
- Giving lots of trying problems with answers and giving hints to very difficult ones.
- clearly stating the concept and making it clear the hidden details that makes students fail.
- giving one problem of the day which requires hard brain work
- giving a lot of other problems as i can to keep us active.
- solving any problem you might have and showing you clearly how it is solved
I am committed to make you better and I hope we achieve this together.